Experience Less than 1 Year
Job Functions Tech
Qualifications (NQF) Diploma (6)
To make security more accessible and affordable in South Africa by creating and deploying smart, scalable, and disruptive technology which supplier a data driven security service.
By 2025 – become the data driven “tech nerve centre” of the security industry thereby making South Africa significantly safer.
White-labelling a mobile app is the process of branding a generic application to suit the specific look and feel required by a customer. This includes things like branding, logos, tailored menu items, UI details, and terms of service.
Interns will be required to be responsible for the white-labelling, testing and QA, deployment, and basic feature additions to a generic mobile application built using Ionic. They will do this while working as part of an agile development team where they will participate in daily standup, code reviews, pair-programming, deployments, and retrospectives.
Required Skills and Traits
- Basic experience with mobile application development of any form. Bonus points for having worked with Ionic previously.
- The ability to learn and work with new technologies.
- Attention to detail. There is a lot of QA involved in the required tasks.
- An interest in bettering South Africa through technology.
- An interest in providing a positive user experience through smartly designed applications.
Internship Period and Work Schedule
Interns will be brought on for a three month period with the view to hire on a permanent basis if they impress.
Basic 8-5 office hours will apply including a one hour lunch break. There is some flexibility in those hours, i.e starting earlier/later and ending earlier/later with the main measured metric being the completion of work.
Before being hired as an intern, the candidate will be required to go through a verbal interview with the development team as well as complete a basic competency test. More details to follow on this.