- Experience Non-Specific
- Job Functions Accounting
- Qualifications (NQF) Higher Certificate (5)
Vlocity Communications, registered with MICTA SETA is proud to announce the launch of their 5th Internship Programme in this most exciting industry of wireless technology, and is now calling for CV’s from all interested qualified yet unemployed students who would like to further their careers in this fast growing and very exciting industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Accurately capture invoices from suppliers into the accounting system.
- Verify the receipt of the goods invoiced before capturing and ensure that the relevant authorization was in place Prepare accurate remittance lists for submission for payment. These are to include:
- Regular Creditors
- Tower and Rental Monthly Payments
- Vehicle Fleet Card Receipts
- FNB Debit Card Receipts
- All expense accounts submitted for reimbursement
- Filing all of the above documentation in such a manner as to be traceable for audit or SARS inspection.
- Maintain a creditors age analysis in the accounting package
- Accurately reconcile the General Ledger and Creditors Accounts on a monthly basis to make sure that the accounts are correctly balanced
- Become involved in the stock control as it applies to the purchases through the creditors. (A new area which needs to be developed)
- Assisting with the following accounting functions:
- Capturing of Cash Book purchases from bank statements
- Controlling and checking the accuracy and validity of every debit order appearing in the bank statements
- Reconciling the bank in conjunction with the debtors department (who capture all relevant deposits which are debtor payments). All other deposits to be analyzed and qualified.
- Ensure the bank totals in the system are the same as in the bank statements.
- Investigate all discrepancies.
- Any other duties that may be necessary to assist with the smooth and effective running of the companies operational requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for all applicants:
- Be students, aged between 20 and 34 years and who has obtained a NQF LEVEL 5 qualification in a related or relevant field of study, or can give proof of enrollment with a recognized institution studying towards a NQF Level 5 and who wants to further a hands-on career in admin/accounts, networking, Voip, Fibre and related wireless disciplines.
- Be from the previous disadvantaged groups (Black, Coloured, Indian, Asian etc)
- Be fluent in English
- Be a South African Citizen (students with scarce and critical technical skills schooling from other African countries can apply. e.g. programmers and networking engineers with Java or related qualifications)
- Has excellent computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Pastel accounting programme for Administrive/Accounting positions). For Operations and Technical Support vacansies, preference will be given to applicants with skills in Mikrotik, Ubiquiti and Linux Ubuntu.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter (go-getter, willing to learn)
- Good strong verbal communication skills for dealing with corporate management and clients (preferable no heavy foreign accents)
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
- Valid South African Learners/Drivers License
- All students to have own accommodation and reliable transport to and from work