- Experience Less than 1 Year
- Job Functions Marketing
- Qualifications (NQF) Diploma (6)
- Perks & Benefits Flexi HoursGood VibesSkills Development
- Interns Required 1
Lingo Locate is an exciting new startup in language learning and travel. We are planning our launch and are looking for a dynamic, creative marketing graduate to join the team on a part-time basis at this exciting stage in the startup.
Lingo Locate connects language learners to language service providers. It enables users to search and book language schools, tutors, language exchanges and conversation partners, helping them to find their local language community, wherever they are.
The platform is highly scalable across countries and languages. Our launch will focus on the language tourism market, targeting Spanish learners in Colombia and South America.
We are a small international team who are passionate about travel, language, and culture. We are looking for a like-minded individual to join us on a part-time basis (3 days a week) for 3 months, extendable based on performance. You will be based at the co-working space in Workshop 17 in Sandton. You must have your own laptop.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking a part-time intern to implement our digital marketing for our launch and support customer on-boarding. We offer an exciting opportunity to shape the success of a new international startup. Your tasks will include:
- Contributing to the development and refining of our Marketing Strategy, bringing innovative and fresh ideas to reach our target markets
- Supporting the implementation of the Marketing Strategy. Monitoring and analyzing the results
- Creating a social media presence through managing a creating content in our social media channels
- Developing blog content regarding language and travel, primarily Spanish and South America/Colombia
- Contributing to online advertising material for Facebook adverts and others
- Contributing to direct email marketing using MailChimp
- SEO optimization
- Recording metrics and monitoring results including through Google Analytics.
- On-boarding service providers and creating service provider profiles
- Graphic design if skills allow
- Customer engagement if language skills allow
Skills and Experience
As an intern, attitude, work ethic, and enthusiasm are most important. Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have applied their minds to previous challenges and can think innovatively to bring creative and fresh ideas.
Self-organization, diligence and a goal-orientated mindset is important
Spanish language skills highly desirable and will open up wider opportunities within the company. Other language skills also preferred, demonstrating an understanding of language learning generally, language tourism, or travel in South America.
- Degree in business or marketing
- Marketing diploma