Job Functions MarketingMediaDesignPowerpoint
Qualifications (NQF) Higher Certificate (5)
Perks & Benefits Flexi HoursRemote WorkingTable Tennis TableMentorshipGym MembershipGood Vibes
Want to add some incredible work to your portfolio? Have the opportunity to travel and discover new places? Are you able to produce engaging content? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re a startup on one heck of a limited budget but with plenty of opportunity if you’re motivated, great at what you do and looking to the future.
We currently have a WordPress website supported by a Facebook and Instagram page. Unfortunately, our design skills are limited and time is precious – we simply don’t have the budget for outsourcing to an agency or bringing on staff full-time. That said, however, we are quickly learning our business requires incredible graphics, trip adverts, mailers, social media management and other quirky additions in order for us to grow our business, gain new clients and set ourselves up for the future.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ‘perfect’ candidate must be someone who’s motivated, works well on their own, deadline driven and proficient in design.
Someone who knows their way around:
- WordPress (so you can quickly make edits and additions to our website)
- Other editing tools.
- Video editing would be great too – we’re not looking for a full Oscar-winning production but knowledge and experience in the likes of GoPro and Adobe video editing software.
- Knowledge / Experience using sites like Canva & Animoto would be #winning.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FROM THIS ROLE
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
- Create copy and graphic content for our Facebook and Instagram posts (every two days)
- Create copy and graphic content for our Blog (once a week)
- Create copy and graphic content for e-mail campaigns (twice a month)
- Create layouts for specialist client pitch and/or proposals
- Load new deals onto our website (once a week)
- Maintain our website when necessary
- Assist in creating experiential itineraries
WORK EXPECTATIONS / HOURS
Whether you put in the time late at night or early before gym; we aren’t too bothered. As long as the work is done and the content is great – we’ll be happy.
We have no intention of overloading you – in fact you might find yourself begging for additional work!
We expect you to avail yourself for a face-to-face meeting once a week between 12PM and 2PM in the Cape Town CBD to go over progress and planning.
From time to time you may be asked to spend a full/half day with either all or some of the team for a briefing or brainstorm. In this event, we would expect you to be available provided we’ve given you at least 7-days notice.
SO WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
Beside the fact you’ll get to produce awesome content, work your own times, add to your porfolio and join a few passionate startup founders; we’ll throw in the following:
- We’ll reward you with a R500 Takealot voucher after one month of working with us
- We’ll give you a dinner-on-us at a premium restaurant of your choice after two months of working with us
- We’ll send you away (locally) for a weekend with a friend after four months of working with us
- We’ll reward you with 10% of the Company’s NETT profit at the end of your Internship (crazy, right? But this is what content and graphics mean to us right now!)
We will have some other cool things to make it worth your while; so don’t worry about not being looked after.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We’d love to hear from you. Please also make sure you visit our website and Facebook / Instagram pages so you have a better idea of who we are and what we do.