Experience 1 Year
Job Functions Marketing
Qualifications (NQF) Higher Certificate (5)
Are you a Facebook, Twitter and Instagram native? Do you appreciate the finer things in life?
Does working with the likes of prominent alcohol brands (Jameson, Peroni & Jack Daniels) for some of the biggest urban entertainment events in South Africa (the Durban July, Sun Met & Jack Boomtown) jumpstart your creative soul? We’ve been looking for you – the new Junior Social Media Manager/Community Manager.
Oh, did we mention that you’d be working with the team responsible for bringing Nicki Minaj, TI, and Kendrick Lamar to town?
Some things that the job would entail:
- Strategising, conceptualising and working closely with the Content Creator in order to create content appropriate for the events across various social media platforms
- Becoming one with the digital tone of the brand and the target audience and channel this through all social media community engagement
- Attend the A-grade events and broadcast the greatness over our social platforms
What would get your foot in the door
- You have 1-2 years’ experience doing all things social media, including paid ads
- You’ve been involved in or a follower of A-grade hospitality or urban music entertainment events
- You’re a follower of local influencers and socialites, and can see yourself being immersed in the world of glitz and glamour
- You’d thrive working with a very small team of close collaborators (sometimes by yourself)
- You want to work on a select batch of premium projects that change every year
- You look at Facebook & Instagram posts that are designed to build up anticipation leading up to big events and think “I could have done that better”
- You’re open to traveling with the team up to two to three times a year (local only) to attend the events that you’d be working on (pretty cool, we think)
Things you’d want to know:
- The job is based in Green Point, Cape Town
- Working hours are from 9am – 5pm
- The role is available immediately
If this job spec speaks to your soul, then apply now!