- Experience Non-Specific
- Qualifications (NQF) Higher Certificate (5)
- Interns Required 4
Vlocity Communications, registered with MICTA SETA is proud to announce the launch of their 5th Internship Programme in this most exciting industry of wireless technology and is now calling for CV’s from all interested qualified yet unemployed students who would like to further their careers in this fast-growing and very exciting industry.
- To install wireless networks and the equipment required to support them.
- To conduct installations within one or more of the installation categories: client or business installations; relay installations;
internal network installations or voice over IP (VoIP) installations
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- To have passed the minimum requirements programme for a Junior/Standard Installer offered by Vlocity Communications Pty Ltd
- To be in the possession of a valid South African Driver’s license.
Eligibility Criteria for all applicants:
- Be students, aged between 20 and 34 years and who has obtained an NQF LEVEL 5 qualification in a related or relevant field of study, or can give proof of enrollment with a recognized institution studying towards an NQF Level 5 and who wants to further a hands-on career in admin/accounts, networking, VoIP, Fibre and related wireless disciplines.
- Be from the previously disadvantaged groups (Black, Coloured, Indian, Asian, etc)
- Be fluent in English
- Be a South African Citizen (students with scarce and critical technical skills schooling from other African countries can apply. e.g. programmers and networking engineers with Java or related qualifications)
- Has excellent computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Pastel accounting program for Administrative/Accounting positions). For Operations and Technical Support vacancies, preference will be given to applicants with skills in Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, and Linux Ubuntu.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter (go-getter, willing to learn)
- Good strong verbal communication skills for dealing with corporate management and clients (preferable no heavy foreign accents)
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
- Valid South African Learners/Drivers License
- All students to have own accommodation and reliable transport to and from work