- Experience 1 Year
- Job Functions Marketing
- Qualifications (NQF) Bachelor’s Degree (7)
- Interns Required 1
Startupbootcamp AfriTech was launched in 2017 as the first multi corporate-backed pan-African startup accelerator. We run a 3-month accelerator programme, working with 10 startups that have been scouted across the continent with a niche focus on high growth tech startups. We provide them access to our network of mentors and corporates as well as investors. Annually we run
FastTracks for 3 months early in the year, where we visit at least 12 African cities and host over 20 events combined.
The program marketing manager is in charge of all marketing activities, including the alignment of best practices communicated by SBC Global.
This person should have a strong communications background and be comfortable executing marketing initiatives in the following areas:
- Social media management
- Content creation and copywriting
- Website management (blog, events
- Email marketing
- Event planning
Required Skills/Personality Attributes
- Creative and outgoing personality
- Experience in guerrilla and startup marketing/PR
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Understanding of HTML and CMS systems optimal
- Fluent in English and local language
- Previous experience interacting with the media.
For the Initial Period, Employee will manage the following tasks:
Newsletters – monthly newsletter to be designed, written and distributed via MailChimp -content will be aligned to the calendar of events
- Marketing Collateral – Brochures etc. for FastTrack events, Selection Day, Demo day.(Global to support)
- Social Implementation – posting and moderation across all channels – Facebook, LinkedIn,
- Youtube, Twitter (calendar and creative will be provided)
Reporting – monthly top-line sponsor distribution reports,
- MailChimp reporting and social
- Stakeholder Management – coordinate with SBC Global and Amsterdam to raise the profile for SBC Africa across the network
- Speaking Opportunities – identify every possible conference event and speaking opportunity in Africa and globally, and relentlessly pursue invitations for senior management and SBC alumni.