Job Functions Project Management
Qualifications (NQF) Postgraduate Diploma (8)
Perks & Benefits Flexi HoursMentorship
Impact Economix is recruiting an intern:
Impact Economix is a passionate, trusted and respected evaluation and economic development consulting company which helps our clients to improve lives by accelerating learning and partnerships focused on achieving socio-economic transformation outcomes and impacts in developing country contexts. We work with government, the private sector, non-profit organisations, academic institutions, civil society groups, multi-lateral organisations.
Where will an internship with Impact Economix take you?
An internship with Impact Economix is an opportunity for a young professional to be exposed to working in a consulting environment in the challenging field of economic development. With an office based in Cape Town, this internship combines the experience of professional and personal development. Due to the diversity of our work and experience, an internship with Impact Economix will allow the successful intern to:
- Refine your research, monitoring and evaluation, and consulting skills.
- Develop a better, practical understanding of what it means to be grappling with economic development in the developing world context;
- Be involved in every facet of a small business’s operation;
- Be a part of a small team; and
- Integrate theory and practice, and develop one’s practical research and monitoring and evaluation skills.
To qualify for an internship with Impact Economix, one must meet the following:
- Post-graduate degree in Monitoring an: d Evaluation (and preferably an undergraduate degree in in Social Sciences, Economics, Politics or Research Psychology;
- Must be innovative, organised and flexible;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Strong academic results;
- Must have a research background (subjects in qualitative and/or quantitative Research Methodology).
Duration: The internship programme is offered over one-year period. We are now recruiting for the period from January – December 2019. Interns are expected to work 40 hours a week, however, there is some flexibility regarding working hours.
Benefits: Remuneration level will depend on the nature of your M&E experience.