Job Functions Support
Qualifications (NQF) Higher Certificate (5)
Vlocity Communications, registered with MICTA SETA is proud to announce the launch of their 5th Internship Programme in this most exciting industry of wireless technology, and is now calling for CV’s
from all interested qualified yet unemployed students who would like to further their careers in this fast growing and very exciting industry.
- Troubleshoot remotely, any client or network problems identified or send a team to the site, fix hardware problems and more complex problems
- Troubleshoot the problems of the clients calling in and classify them into internet, VOIP, or email problem categories
- Monitor the ticket system and attend to relevant tickets
- Notify Administration and accounts of completed support events, for invoicing purposes (this should include time taken, solutions, etc)
- Log tickets for tasks that need to be completed
- Maintain a log of clients problems and solutions according to company policy
- After hour revolving support
- Monitor NAGIOS system for any problems with the network
- Contact clients to troubleshoot if problems are identified on NAGIOS
- Systems update
- Communicate with installers on site to set up devices and/or connections when required
- Test connections when installations are taking place
- Any other duties which are issued to you from time to time and may become necessary for the smooth running and benefit of the company’s operational requirements.
- General attitude towards work and the company
- Timekeeping, absenteeism, and regard for company rules and regulations
- Personal Hygiene and dress code
Eligibility Criteria for all applicants:
- Be students, aged between 20 and 34 years and who has obtained a NQF LEVEL 5 qualification in a related or relevant field of study, or can give proof of enrollment with
a recognized institution studying towards a NQF Level 5 and who wants to further a hands-on career in admin/accounts, networking, Voip, Fibre and related wireless disciplines.
- Be from the previous disadvantaged groups (Black, Coloured, Indian, Asian etc)
- Be fluent in English
- Be a South African Citizen (students with scarce and critical technical skills schooling from other African countries can apply. e.g. programmers and networking engineers with Java or related qualifications)
- Has excellent computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Pastel accounting programme for Administrive/Accounting positions). For Operations and Technical Support vacansies, preference will be given to applicants with skills in Mikrotik, Ubiquiti and Linux Ubuntu.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter (go-getter, willing to learn)
- Good strong verbal communication skills for dealing with corporate management and clients (preferable no heavy foreign accents)
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
- Valid South African Learners/Drivers License
- All students to have own accommodation and reliable transport to and from work