- Experience Less than 1 Year
- Job Functions Finance
- Qualifications (NQF) Bachelor’s Degree (7)
- Interns Required 1
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ON A PART-TIME BASIS OF 3 – 4 TIMES A WEEK***
Yoco is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and quick-learning Operations Coordinator Intern. This is a part-time internship position within our New Region Development team.
This is ideal for a detail-focused graduate or someone with up to 1
year of commercial or analytical work experience who is keen to become involved in all aspects of operating a fast-growing startup.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
You will be responsible for assisting with the administration and coordination of Yoco’s New Region Development team activities.
The role will include:
- Ensuring invoices are submitted to our finance system for payment.
- Tracking spends against budgets and researching costs for suppliers to support an Area Lead.
- Ensuring the New Region Development’s invoices & expenses are submitted & paid on time.
- Liaising with Yoco HQ to coordinate production & delivery of Yoco merchandise.
- Monitoring budgets and stock levels to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained to fulfill forecasted needs.
Event support & administration:
- Providing general administrative support for marketing activities for each zone.
- Assisting in the delivery of events & activations as required including helping set-up for such events/activations.
Assist with event logistics.
- Assisting with day to day activities around the team.
- Writing and scripting of reports, form information supplied by NRD team.
- Cleaning up project management tools and communication channels.
- Co-ordinating meetings with external and internal stakeholders.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- One year of any commercial/analytical work experience.
- The kind of person who doesn’t just do the tasks they’re asked to do, but enjoys coming up with the best way of solving a problem or making a process more efficient.
- Detail-focused, completer-finisher.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible & adaptable; feels energised by working on a wide range of tasks at all times.
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Can navigate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint like a pro.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- A completed tertiary qualification – BTech/Honours favourable
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft.
These are our core values and provides every individual at Yoco with an opportunity to grow. To support this, we have built a role-based organization where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse,
a motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!