- Experience 2 Years
- Job Functions Project ManagementDesign
- Qualifications (NQF) Advanced Diploma (7)
- Perks & Benefits 15 Days LeaveGood VibesSkills Development
- Interns Required 1
So what kind of person are we looking for?
- Hands-on as well as theoretical on problem-solving
- An open-minded, positive and enthusiastic person.
- Great communication and people skills.
- Pushes boundaries, excited about exploring new methods, materials, etc.
- Not intimidated by challenges
- Work well under a head designer, be a team player
- Respond well to direction and criticism
- The ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- A disciplined and focused perfectionist when it comes to getting things done right
- Structured and organized
A large part of this job involves creating CAD 3D models and technical drawings and then researching the best production methods, building prototypes, tools, and jigs using a lathe and milling machine.
- Mechanical Engineering background
- CAD/Technical drawing (Highly proficient in Solidworks)
- Product prototyping/hands-on experience
- Material and manufacturing versatility (Ability to work with different materials and production techniques for metal, ceramics, wood, glass, plastics, etc).
- Self-educate (ability to independently explore solutions using available resources).
- Machine operation (Experience with traditional metal lathe and milling machine A MUST, other small workshop tools, etc).
- Precision tool & die making experience a plus
Here’s what you can expect if we pick you to join our family:
- On the job training relating to our products and industry
- A leading problem-solving role that combines both drawing/CAD design work with hands-on workshop fabrication of new products and processes.
- A wide variety of challenges including refining new product designs, exploring and new materials/finishes, testing the viability of solutions, constructing production jigs, documenting production processes.
Sounds good right, but what makes this job extra special?
- Small company = tight-knit team, good vibes, we’re like a family.
- Ambitious for future growth: Get in while we’re small and grow with us.
- Salary: a fixed monthly salary will be discussed during the interview. The more you impress us, the more we’re happy to pay you.