- Experience Less than 1 Year
- Job Functions Wellness
- Qualifications (NQF) Higher Certificate (5)
- Interns Required 1
Honest Chocolate is a small artisanal Bean to Bar chocolate company based in Cape Town, South Africa. We believe in keeping things handcrafted, using old school methods, using quality organically produced ingredients, and making a pure chocolate that has a deliciously distinct feel and taste.
- A chocolate maker is responsible for turning raw cacao beans into chocolate couverture.
- The main job role would involve sorting, roasting, cracking, winnowing the husk away and finally stone grinding broken cacao bean pieces called cacao nibs into chocolate.
- Other job roles would include tempering chocolate, making chocolate truffles, hot chocolate, etc as well as foiling and wrapping slabs.
- Amazing opportunity to grow within the company.
- Some heavy lifting involved as well as working with some hot equipment
- Attention to detail along with an interest and understanding of food flavours is important.
- The job role would also involve working early evening and weekend shifts in the beginning.