Mimecast – Finance Graduate
- Job FunctionsAccounting
- Qualifications (NQF)Bachelor’s Degree (7)
- Interns Required1
Mimecast Graduate Program Overview\
Commencing in February 2020 and extending 12 months the Mimecast Graduate Program aims to provide young and talented graduates with an opportunity to receive the best start in their careers in one of the most progressive Cloud technology companies in the country.
We are looking for an ambitious, go-getter, who wants to hit the ground running and learn the ins and outs of their prospective future careers by giving them a hand’s on approach. With 10% of our workforce being part of our Graduate Program, this is a great opportunity to develop yourself with scarce skills in the world of Technology!
During the course of the 12-month program you will focus initially on core skills training to develop the personal and professional skills needed to establish yourself within the Mimecast community. Thereafter, you will progress into the relevant division in which you have been appointed, where you will have a dedicated mentor, ready to groom and guide you in your first year of work.
Brief Role Description:
Mimecast’s Graduate Program will provide insight into the day to day activities of a publicly-traded SAAS company. You’ll have the opportunity to work across various roles within the Middle East and Africa Accounting function that includes Accounting, US GAAP Reporting, Sarbanes Oxley Compliance as well as assisting with the quarterly and annual financial audit. You’ll get insight into how we are progressing post-IPO as an Accounting department while being public, and how we want to scale given our rapid growth.
The Finance Graduate will be responsible for:
- Assist with month-end close process relating to journal entries and account reconciliations
- Support the accounting team in preparing and delivering compliance and audit requirements
- Help processing accounting transactions and assist with day to day treasury
- Assist with Interoffice reporting deliverables for financial year-end
- Special projects that span various functions within Accounting and Finance
Essential Personal Characteristics:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong communication skills